Performing a fast, accurate, and comprehensive online background check is something customers of United Background Checks (UBC) really appreciate. We believe we offer the best background check service around and we invite you to give us the opportunity to show you the value of background checks with UBC.
It all starts with trust.
Who do you place your trust in?
This is a very important question to consider. After all, those people we trust can affect our lives greatly. Just consider the possibilities of those people near us such as friends, family, neighbors, and employees.
Trust begins with getting to know the person. As a business owner or decision maker, hiring people you trust can make a huge difference to the bottom line. But how do you know who you can trust and who you shouldn’t trust? Most prospective employees put their best foot forward during an interview and only put favorable information on their job applications.
Your decision to hire that person must be made fairly quickly. You don’t have the luxury of being able to spend months or years with them determining if you can trust them before making a hiring decision. You need to get the necessary facts quickly so that you can make an informed decision on whether to invest countless dollars in training in this person.
Additionally, you will be giving them access to the lifeblood of your business. Such things as your products, services, cash registers, equipment, trade secrets, and company reputation can all be adversely affected by a bad employee.
In contrast, a good employee can positively impact your business in many ways such as productivity, customer relations, security, and ultimately, the bottom line profitability.
What is the risk?
A poor employee can do immeasurable damage. The US Chamber of Commerce has reported that nearly one out of every three business failures are caused by employee theft. That is the worst case scenario, but even if they don’t ruin your business completely, they can do irreparable harm in other ways.
Workplace violence is becoming a serious problem in this country. Every day, there are new reports of threats, attacks, harassment, and other horrible situations. The Workplace Violence Research Institute reports that the average lawsuit award in workplace violence cases is over $1 million.
You can not afford to weed the bad apples out later on after they are hired. You need to not hire these kinds of people in the first place. Take a look at some of these statistics according to the Recruiting Times:
The cost to replace an employee is:
- $7,000 for an employee on salary
- $10,000 to replace a mid-level employee
- $40,000 for a new senior executive
What can you do to protect your company?
You need to take every precaution possible to make sure that job applicants are representing themselves accurately, and this can be accomplished with the best background check service. You need to know the facts and the best line of defense is to team with United Background Checks and get access to a comprehensive and accurate online background check.
Why Work With Us?
At United Background Checks, our main objective is to protect your business, but we also know that the most important thing to you is your bottom line. If you are a landlord, you need to screen your tenants. We offer excellent tenant background screening packages as well.
Despite the many benefits to using background screening, you still are most interested in what will this cost. You want to ensure that the service pays for itself. The truth is, background screening can pay for itself many times over. Time and time again, the studies show how much money can be saved simply by performing some due diligence on your potential hires before you hire them.
To illustrate, you should weigh employee screening expenses with the potential expenses of not using these services. The following is just a few of the significant downside expenses of not screening your employees.
- Employee theft
- Workplace violence
- Discrimination lawsuits
- Company reputation damage
- Training costs of bad employees
- Turnover costs
- Poor production
- Intellectual property theft
Even one of these expenses can cost a small fortune, some of which may not even be able to be recouped.
United Background Checks fully understands the challenges companies face and how important keeping costs down are. That’s why we price our search packages to fit your budget. We can do this due to our use of our own proprietary Web-based search program. We can even train you and/or your employees to perform the searches yourselves. We are happy to do the searches for you and are always available for assistance, but the ability to do it yourself will save you time and money.
As important as offering affordable services are, we also do not sacrifice quality. The results you get need to be accurate. Our searches are not only comprehensive, but intelligently designed. We insist on accuracy and every adverse result is followed up by one of our trained investigators. Affordability, accuracy, and high level service is what you get from United Background Checks.
Our industry leading search packages can be customized and fine-tuned to meet your needs. As your company grows, we have an adaptable search package that will fit your growing needs. We can handle the screening needs of any size company.
Want more reasons how background screening can save you money?
1. Background screening can be costly with some third-parties. But we can train you to do your own searches and save money at the same time. Don’t worry, we are still easily accessible for assistance, should the need arise.
2. The amount of misrepresentation on job applications and resumes is staggering. You must be able to weed out the false information quickly so you can make informed hiring decisions in order to save your company from the damages and theft bad employees can create.
3. Employee theft can ruin companies. Did you realize that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce reports that employee theft costs US companies almost $40 billion every year? Employees have access to your company’s most valuable resources. As a matter of fact, employees are 15 times more likely to steal from you than non-employees. These losses hurt your bottom line and can ultimately put you out of business.
4. In addition to the obvious employee theft damages, there are also other dangers present with untrustworthy employees. Most thieves are not doing their job effectively and that hurts your productivity. They also are more likely to create conflict with fellow employees, and that hurts productivity too.
5. Bad employees can lead to liability lawsuits that can literally cripple a company.
6. Workplace violence is an unfortunate but terrifying reality in today’s workforce. A recent study completed by the Society of Human Resource management revealed that 57% of companies reported a violent incident in the prior four years. These situations also often result in lawsuits that cost employers $36 billion on average every year. How would a million-dollar settlement affect your business? Background screens can reduce your risk.
7. You must follow the law regarding background screening as the Fair Credit Reporting Act known also as FCRA sets the standards and penalties for non-compliance. We make sure that our screens follow the FCRA guidelines.
8. Don’t underestimate the risks and damages that intellectual property theft can cause. Such things as your marketing strategies, business plans, and other confidential information can be stolen by rogue employees. Thorough background screens can help you protect your valuable proprietary data.
9. Giving employees access to customer records and financial information makes you vulnerable to other dangers such as identity theft. This can result in devastating lawsuits as well. There are even criminal rings now planting people in companies to do their dirty work.
10. Comprehensive and consistent background screenings for all of your positions is a strong defense against lawsuits by job applicants who are turned down and file anti-discrimination suits.
Now is the time to partner with United Background Checks and reduce your risks of hiring dishonest, unscrupulous, and criminal minded job applicants. We welcome the opportunity to help you.